Note: All information in this document is taken from the Australian Government department of Health recommendations.
Firstly the most important thing to note is in order for disinfectants to work a surface must be CLEAN.
Secondly do not spray a bleach solution as it is very bad for the respiratory system
Pre cleaning procedures
- In a clean 10 litre bucket mix 200ml of household bleach with 5 litres of water
- Add 30ml of Detergent or degreaser but any cleaning agent would work.
- Soak 10 microfiber cloths in the bleach solution and wring them out as much as possible.
- Fold all cloths in quarters and place in a clean window bucket
Area’s to be cleaned
- Wipe all door knobs inside and out
- Wipe and touch plates on doors
- Wipe all light switches
- All handrails must be wiped
- All free bench top areas must also be damp wiped
- Drinking fountains must be wiped down then rinsed with clean water
- Wear disposable gloves
- After each door handle etc use a new section of cloth. If folded correctly each cloth will give 8 clean sides to use.
- Once a cloth is used retire it to a plastic bag for cleaning
- Once a block of rooms is finished return to your cleaning cupboard and place all cloths in the bleach solution.
- The cloths must stay in the solution for 5 minutes. This ensures they are fully disinfected and virus free.
- Then wring out the cleaning cloths and repeat.
- When all surfaces have been cleaned all cloths will be placed in a receptacle for later cleaning
- Our cloths will be machine washed at 90 degrees and machine dried this will ensure no cross contamination.
All Corporate Cleaning Staff will be trained in this system on the 16th of March 2020 at 4pm
Please call Justin Ranson on 0410 689 872 if you have any questions.