A step by step guide to cleaning your house quickly and efficiently
Okay we all hate dusting but it is an integral part of cleaning and funnily enough the task that must be tackled first.
The most important point is Make the feather duster your friend. Dry dusting is quick and efficient but if you let it go to long you will have to damp wipe everything which is time consuming.
- Always dust from the top down. That way dust is not falling on surfaces you have already cleaned.
- If you are dusting Venetian blinds remember there are four sides. Dust front and back adjust the bind and repeat, otherwise you will end up with a thin layer of dust at the top of each blade.
- Make sure you get the tops of light switches and power points and finish with your skirting boards
The easiest way to tackle this task is fill your kitchen sink with warm water and a small amount of detergent and arm yourself with a micro fiber cloth.
- If you haven’t dusted in a while start with fans and light fittings but if you have been dry dusting regularly this step will not be necessary.
- Then move to your walls spend 10 minutes removing marks and dirt with your damp cloth. Paying special attention to doorways, light switches and anywhere else that is touched regularly.
- Then move to horizontal surfaces, your shelves benches etc.
Start with your shower screens and bathtub; remember chemical takes time to activate.
- Spray your shower screen and bathtub with the bathroom cleaner of your choice.
- Wipe your mirrors with glass cleaner making sure you get the edges
- Clean vanity and buff taps. When cleaning your sink use a small brush around the taps and in the plug hole this will stop grime building up.
- Agitate the chemical on your shower screen and bathtub with a soft scourer
- Use a squeegee to remove water and chemical from the glass
- Rinse your bathtub and buff taps. Don’t forget to use your small brush.
- Finish your shower screen with glass cleaner
The benches should have all been wiped while completing the damp dusting
- Clean sink and surrounds with a scourer and your brush
- Spot clean any spills on your cupboard doors
- Vacuum all floors ensuring to get behind the doors
- Mop all hard floors
- Relax your house is clean, you have completed the hour of power